Sunday, January 10, 2010

High Tech. Equipment vs. Oldies but Goodies

I've seen all the popular and some not so popular ghost investigation shows on TV and the internet. To me the reliance on High Tech equipment to see if there is a ghost present is a bit on the overkill side.
I'm of the school where if I can't see it or hear it or if it doesn't touch me or throw something at me it doesn't exist. If you have to squint to see a ghost in a picture or video or tweak audio to the point where you can hear it, then that's not good enough for me. What ever happened to the days before electricity? What did they use to find a ghost? Hey people long ago knew ghosts existed and never had high tech stuff to confirm a ghostly presence. What they used were dowsing rods, candles, pendulums, powers, teas, table tipping, a persons body ect...
I'd like to hear back on your take of all the high tech stuff. Is it necessary or should we start getting back to the basics.

3 comments:

sharon said...

Hi CC; I think you should use everything you got, including techie stuff. You can use the tech to back up your psychic claims so that its indisputable ( to some ) To be able to properly make a theory, you have to duplicate results, and thats hard to do all by yourself.

Unknown said...

Hey CC, this is wolfitup. Most of the new ghosthunters are trying to prove that ghosts exist. What's the point in that? If you believe in ghosts, then you believe. Most people don't believe unless they come face to face with a ghost. I can usually detect the presence of a spirit when I walk into a building. Now days that is not accepted as proof. What they need to do is to combine both the new and old ways. Hans Holzer, one of the greatest ghosthunters in the history of ghosthunting used a psychic. Thanks for allowing me voice my opinion CC.

Aaron said...

I couldn't agree with you more. Our society is convinced that we can 'create' new items to do things that have never been done before; yet we tend to forget that the materials we create things out of have always been around, just in different form. I never look too much into people using objects that react to the environment and then claiming that it is paranormal. EMF for instance, is a technology I have a problem with. Often ghost hunters will use an EMF detector and that alone to determine if a spirit is present. While I believe that spirits more than likely do disrupt the magnetic field, I also can't help but think about all the things present in our lives that do so anyway. A cell phone tower, a wireless router, a wireless camera system will all create some sort of EMF field. In personal tests, I have found that the EMF generated by my wireless computer equipment will often transpose itself. The field from it may be in a certain spot one day, but due to weather, etc. the spot will change the next. How can we rely on this to tell us if a spirit is present? It's almost like living next to a highway. The person in the country would wake up to the sound of a bird outside their window, but the person living by the highway probably wouldn't. We bombard ourselves with electrical energy via airwaves way too often. Maybe our sensitivity to such has been dulled along with it. I think that, when it comes down to it, you have to rely on what you are given and that alone. Maybe the paranormal is something that will never be accurately measured because we are not supposed to measure it.